Import/edit Canon XF105/XF100 in Final Cut Pro with Apple ProRes 422 codec
Canon XF105 and XF100 are professional camcorders which offer vivid videos. XF105 and XF100 recorded videos are in MXF format, this format is often used by Canon and Panasonic professional camcorders, it’s great to record videos in MXF format, but it’s not so easy to use this format, as many editing software don’t support MXF format, such as Final Cut Pro (X), iMovie, etc.
How to import XF105/XF100 MXF files to FCP for editing? The best way is to convert XF105/XF100 MXF to ProRes 422 MOV format, this format is the best video format for editing in FCP. Now you can follow the guide below to convert Canon XF105/XF100 MXF video to ProRes MOV for FCP editing on Mac.
1. Download Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac, it’s the professional XF105/XF100 MXF Converter, this software can convert MXF to ProRes 422 MOV format for use in FCP, you can also convert MXF files to any formats as you want.
2. Install and launch this best XF105/XF100 to FCP Converter.
3. Click format column to choose the best output format. If you want to edit Canon XF105/XF100 MXF in FCP, you are recommended to choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), it’s the best format for FCP.
4. If you want to customize output parameters, please click settings button. You can adjust the resolution, bitrate, etc. It’s good to keep it as original.
5. Edit function is also easy to use in this Canon XF105/XF100 to ProRes Converter, you can trim, crop, add watermark or adjust effect to the MXF video before conversion.
6. Click convert button to start converting Canon XF105/XF100 MXF to Apple ProRes 422 codec for Final Cut Pro on Mac. After conversion, you just need to import converted videos to FCP, and then you can edit XF105/XF100 MXF in FCP as you want. Hope this article will help you.